Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Camp Fox on Catalina Island some... 30 years ago

I found an old friend from 30+ years ago who worked at the Camp Fox on Catalina Island in 1978 or 1979.  I had been at Camp Fox for 4 or 5 separate times from between Christmas to New Years 77,78,79, 81.  Camp Fox is a great place to get away from it all and meet new people.  I remember that even though it was winter and snow in Reno, the weather was warm and inviting.  I wonder if the camp is still running???

I dug out some old photos that I knew I had.  Here they are.  

Camp Fox on Catalina Island some... 30 years ago
Yep, that's me.  With hair!  I've been shaving my head for so long that I can't remember  having hair.  This also show the hill in the background that I climbed up so many times.

The doc was central to the bay and I remember sitting there listening to the quiet.

Some people that I don't know.  This is the only shot of the lodge where everyone met and I got my coffee in the morning.


The friend from 30+ years ago

High on a hill looking down at Camp Fox 1979 or so

No comments: